Þorramatur (food of Þorri) is a selection of traditional Icelandic food. We have Thorra Buffet from 19th of January until 17th of February on Fridays and Saturdays.
Food that is in offered on the Thorra Buffet:
- Kæstur hákarl, fermented shark.
- Súrsaðir hrútspungar, the testicles of rams pressed in blocks, boiled and cured in lactic acid.
- Svið, singed and boiled sheep heads.
- Sviðasulta, head cheese or brawn made from svið.
- Lifrarpylsa (liver sausage), a pudding made from liver and suet of sheep kneaded with rye flour and oats.
- Blóðmör a type of blood pudding made from lamb’s blood and suet kneaded with rye flour and oats.
- Harðfiskur, wind-dried haddock served with butter.
- Rúgbrauð (rye bread), traditional Icelandic rye bread.
- Hangikjöt, (hung meat), smoked and boiled lamb.
- Lundabaggi, sheep’s loins wrapped in the meat from the sides, pressed and cured in lactic acid.
- Súr Hvalur, whale blubber pickled in sour milk.
- Smoked salmon
- Green beans
- Meat Stew
Dessert: Skyr (Icelandic yogurt)
Price: 7.900 ISK
Information and bookings: email@example.com